Followers

Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Lost Blogs

The following are what I call the lost posts dum dum da anyway due to a lack of a proper internet services and several page loads fails I lost a number of posts now instead of trying to recapture what i had written I will just give a brief overview of what they where.

WARNING THERE MAY BE SPOILERS BE WARNED....

I watched a movie called Dogtooth which was really messed up in the wrong kind of way.  It focused on a family who isolate there children from the world and have told them they can not leave until there Dogtooth falls out (Canine tooth). The whole system breaks apart when they discover sex.  It ends horribly this movie is a must see but you shall not want to talk to me after.


I have started reading comics again and part of the plan was to review each one I read this again did happen but not the way I wanted.

Stormwatch No.1, I was very nervous about this title as I was a fan of Stormwatch before the relaunch the DC universe issue one was not great I was not happy with the designs of the characters especially the Engineer   plus Martian Manhunter as a member just feels wrong they are also reintroducing two great characters Apollo and Midnighter which I think they are going to get wrong.

Stormwatch No.2, Well apart from many design faults still looks kinda ok. I should point out the story is ok a gaint eye ball in the moon what's not to like (I know I'm not doing it justice but this is a rewrite). What i do find frustrating is that we are meant to believe there is some kind of history here but it does not feel like that for me they still get Apollo and Midnighter wrong in my books they look crap lets hope we get a reboot in design soon bring back the old, (moving on) getting better.


Superman Action Comic No.2, This is great I loved the story of him escaping finding his ship and the introduction of Brianiac at the end was cool but again the art lets this could be great book down plus it felt to short as well like there should have been more to the story.

Green Lantern No1, Interesting Sinestro as a Green Lantern again and Hal Jordan not whats going on where does this fit in with the timeline it's all a bit much but it is good.





Justice League Dark No1, This title was the first one i thought was interesting as it deals with magic but what worries me is that characters that belong in less mainstream books like Constantine from Hellblazer amy not work here but in the issue the team is being pulled together for a mission only they can solve as fro the art nice but needs to be better.






Supergirl No1, I don't know what made me buy it but it was good the art was solid the story has left us with some questions why does she have powers if she has only arrived and so forth good book may read more.








Justice League No1, A good read but Green Lantern is a pain in the hole he's to cocky plus why would he not believe in batman he has a power ring the art is great but that's to be expected from the flag ship title, the story lets introduce Darkseid as the villain to bring the team together not original.








Superman No1, Fun issue i liked the way it started like the Superman movie the story was ok Superman Vs Fire Being which points to a link to Krypton. The art was good even if Superman was too dark.








Deus Ex Is a video game which I loved and when the third came out a prequel I jumped on it the game itself looks fantastic but suffers from a lack of direction as in some places different graphics. The story is superb you really need to play this game.







Gears of War 3,  Graphics great, Story OK, Killing enemies horribly is never ending fun this is a fun game to play. I really did have more to say about it but that does sum it up.

Please check back soon for more fulfilling reviews internet willing

No comments:

Post a Comment